In a year that has seen myriad changes to the retail real estate world, Atlantic Retail has been no exception. In addition to helping retailer and landlord clients navigate through COVID-related issues, we’ve been using this time to evaluate our overall direction and chart our own course to emerge from 2020 as a stronger company. In September we announced the expansion of our investment services division with the creation of Atlantic Capital Partners. In November we announced the opening of an office in Orlando and the addition of a key player to bolster our advisory services.
Today we’re excited to announce the biggest move in Atlantic’s history.
The partners of Atlantic Retail and The Dartmouth Company have agreed to join forces and move forward under the Atlantic Retail umbrella. Dartmouth has been a major player in the retail real estate circles of New England for nearly 30 years. Their partners and brokers have led market-entry efforts for such companies as Whole Foods Market, Lowe’s Home Improvement and Kohl’s and have been a must-call for landlords in Boston’s core urban markets. We’re thrilled to begin working with the Dartmouth team, and while our footprint and team have expanded, our focus has not waivered. We will continue to deliver best-in-class real estate advisory services to tenants, landlords, developers, and investors in all our operating markets.
As a result of this move, our service line has grown, allowing us to offer clients a comprehensive suite of brokerage, advisory, and management services. Our teams and related divisions can take any project from inception to exit, all under one roof.
- Brokerage & Advisory – The tenant representation, project leasing, land use and disposition services you have always always received from Atlantic Retail, now with the added experience, track record, and market coverage of The Dartmouth Company team.
- Investment Services & Capital Markets – Operating under the newly established Atlantic Capital Partners banner, this team will leverage the leasing experience of our brokerage teams to provide market-leading investment advisory and capital markets expertise to institutions and private investors across the spectrum of asset classes and types.
- Property Management – Dartmouth Property Management is a boutique firm offering management services to retail and mixed-use owners.
- Multi-Family/Mixed-Use – Through Dartmouth’s partnership with Columbus & Over, Converge Ventures will offer advisory and brokerage services for mixed-use services and multi-family residential sales.
- International Exposure – As the only North American affiliate of TIRN (The International Retail Network), Atlantic’s New York metro office will be a gateway for European and Asian retailers looking to access markets in the United States.
Despite the pressures being felt across our industry, we feel this is not a time to stay the course; it’s time to chart a new one. After decades of developing a mutual respect for each other’s business, track record, and relationships, the partners of each firm decided that we could achieve far more as a united group than either could independently.
With a combined team, our clients will benefit from leveraging:
- Information – More brokers conducting more transactions in more markets but with industry-leading collaboration tools and a small-firm mentality that will give real estate decision-makers the insight they need to make better and faster decisions.
- Geographic reach – National and super-regional clients will have single-company service throughout many major markets for consistent and reliable coverage.
- Complete service offerings – Our firm will now be able to handle any aspect of your real estate needs. Strategic growth, leasing and dispositions, underwriting, financial analysis, exit strategies, property management, land, and multi-use.
While this is an exciting time at Atlantic, we recognize that change can come with uncertainty for our client partners. We are 100% committed to ensuring a smooth transition for all clients, particularly those joining us from Dartmouth. Our client relationships, some lasting more than 25 years, have been built on the foundation of performance, transparency, and satisfaction. These guiding principles have long served Atlantic and will help us maintain our heading as we move forward with our expanded and strengthened team.