Atlantic Capital Partners, in partnership with Ten-X, has been engaged to market for sale the Skyline Village Inn (the Offering), an old-world styled, boutique hotel, with panoramic mountain views in Little Switzerland, NC. Located at 12255 NC-226-A at milepost 331 of the Blue Ridge Parkway, the property sits just 2.7 miles from downtown Little Switzerland, a summer get-a-way know for its charming alpine influences, breathtaking views, small shops, and food. Skyline Village Inn also sits less than 30-miles from Mt. Mitchell, which at an elevation of 6,684 feet, is the highest peak east of the Mississippi.
Situated on two parcels, netting 1.80 acres of usable land, the offering includes three buildings adding up to 17,283 square feet of heated space. The Inn was originally built in 1948 but has been well maintained since then and has experienced significant capital repairs and upfit under current ownership. Over $700,000 has been invested in the property since 2004 and over $191,000 of that has been invested since 2015, including a 4th floor addition in 2016. Also in 2016, the roof was replaced with pitched roof. The new pitched roof sets on a 2-foot-high knee wall on scissored trusses with the center rising to 12 feet in the middle completing the European Alpine Design. The roof is a beautiful copper metal color and can be seen from points in Marion 10 miles away. Current ownership has done an exceptional job completing the necessary repairs and additions needed to provide a compatible and comfortable visit for guests.
Along with 16 hotel rooms, the property consists of a detached living quarters with full basement, living room/kitchen/dining area combined, 3-bedrooms, and 2-baths. The basement space, with road frontage has previously been used as retails shops and a real estate office. Additionally, there is a two-story building behind the Inn, built in 1977, which amounts to 2,164 SF of space and is currently used as storage.
Property tours are available by appointment only, please contact the listing broker to schedule.
- Rare Opportunity to Acquire a Historic and Generational Asset- Originally constructed in 1948, the Skyline Village Inn has been owned and operated by only 3 families in its 70-year history
- Economic Impact – With more than 15-million annual visitors, the Blue Ridge Parkway is the 2nd most visited park system in the United States
- Multiple Income Streams – The property generates revenue from the Inn, Restaurant & Bar, and rental of Motorcycle and other recreational equipment
- Recently Upgraded Property – Over $700k has been spent by the current ownership to update the property
- New Roof – An updated roof, featuring a seamless metal roofing system was completed in 2016
- Inherent Upside Potential – The property is currently operated from March to October, giving the next owner the potential to capture an additional 4 months of income
- Ability to Increase Room Count- The recently added 4th floor is currently only being used for storage, but has the ability to be converted into additional rooms or suites
- Unmatched Views – The property has some of the best views in the Appalachian mountains with visibility of approximately 50 miles